With over 125,000 singles sold this week in the UK, Swedish duo Icona Pop roars in at # 1 for the first time ever with their global smash ‘I Love It‘ featuring Charlie XCX, knocking off Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines‘ featuring Pharrell from the # 1 spot after a 4 week reign!
‘I Love It‘, which is also the duo’s very first top 10 hit in the UK, has already peaked within the top 10 of the Billboard Charts and has received a Platinum certification in the US for sales of over a million units.
‘Blurred Lines‘ by Thicke slips down a notch to # 2, but continues selling strong for a 5th week in a row (110,000 units this week), closing in on Daft Punk’s ‘Get Lucky‘ featuring Pharrell as the highest selling song of the UK this year.
‘Get Lucky‘ meanwhile crosses the 1 million mark in the UK, thus becoming the 136th single to do so in the history of the UK charts!
The top 10 singles in the UK this week are :
1. I Love It – Icona Pop feat. Charlie XCX
2. Blurred Lines – Robin Thicke feat. Pharrell and TI
3. Bang Bang – Will.I.Am
4. Walks Like Rihanna – Wanted
5. La La La – Naughty Boy feat. Sam Smith
6. Let Her Go – Passenger
7. The Other Side – Jason Derulo
8. Get Lucky – Daft Punk feat. Pharrell
9. Goin’ Crazy – Dizzie Rascal and Robbie Williams
10. Dear Darlin’ – Olly Murs
The top 10 albums in the UK this week are :
1. Long Way Down – Tom Odell
2. Time – Rod Stewart
3. All The Little Lights – Passenger
4. To Be Loved – Michael Buble
5. Jake Bugg – Jake Bugg
6. Yeezus – Kanye West
7. Random Access Memories – Daft Punk
8. Right Place Right Time – Olly Murs
9. Unorthodox Jukebox – Bruno Mars
10. In A Perfect World – Kodaline