The mighty Adelegend just won’t stop kicking butt y’all!
Just when you thought ‘21‘ might have stopped selling just a little bit, Adele’s sophomore extravaganza heads back to the top of the Billboard 200 Albums Chart for an insane 24th week, selling 75,000 copies – taking her total album sales to somewhere around a trillion bazillion copies, I’ve honestly stopped counting. Adele’s ‘21‘ now equals the 24-week-run of Prince And The Revolution’s ‘Purple Rain‘ soundtrack, as well as the soundtrack to ‘Saturday Night Fever‘. And ‘21‘ is also the best selling album this year as well, with over 3.52 million copies sold in the US in 2012 alone. Two words –
Check out the rest of the action within the top 10 of the Billboard 200 Albums Chart this week, boasting of new entries by a host of living legends including the Beach Boys, Neil Young, Alan Jackson and Brandi Carlile.
The Billboard Top 10 Albums this week are :
1. 21 – Adele
2. Thirty Miles West – Alan Jackson
3. That’s Why God Made The Radio – Beach Boys
4. Americana – Neil Young
5. Live From The Underground – Big K.R.I.T
6. Up All Night – One Direction
7. Born And Raised – John Mayer
8. The Stoned Immaculate – Curren$y
9. Blown Away – Carrie Underwood
10. Bear Creek – Brandi Carlile