Chart dominatrix Adele returns to # 1 on the Billboard 200 for a 13th non-consecutive week with ‘21‘ which crosses the 4 million mark in the US, and the songstress supreme also extends her reign on the Hot 100 Singles chart for a 5th week with ‘Someone Like You‘. The last time an album crossed 13 weeks at # 1 was when the soundtrack for ‘The Titanic’ spent 16 weeks at # 1 in 1998! And the album’s only on its second single, with Adele rumored to release at least 3 more from the album. Just goes to show that you do NOT need re-releases, remixes, re-packaging, meat dresses and 99 cent giveaways to sell an album when the music’s good. Adele has the biggest selling album of 2011 so far with worldwide sales hovering around the 11 million mark ! (And I’ll buy and gift another few copies if she releases ‘Set Fire To The Rain‘ and her version of Brandi Carlile’s ‘Hiding My Heart‘ as the next singles)
In other chart news, the High Priestess of Nasalville Mizz Rihanna makes major moves on the Billboard Hot 100 with her current single ‘We Found Love‘ feat. Calvin Harris rising to # 2. Her new set ‘Talk That Talk‘ will be released on November 21st, and in case it does not hit # 1 (yet again), she’ll be releasing another new album ‘Talk That Flop‘ the week after that will feature a new duet with Mariah Carey’s twin babies (dem babies as they’re known in Lamb-ville) and Jo Calderone, who is Lady Gaga’s penis-ed edition (just KIDDING y’all).
But seriously though, I can’t WAIT for the video for Coldplay and Rihanna’s ‘Princess Of China‘, which has already become a craze all over, and is probably one of Rihanna’s best works till date.
Drake and Nicki Minaj blast into the Top 10 with their new single ‘Make Me Proud‘. The single’s taken from Drake’s highly anticipated sophomore set ‘Take Care‘.
Here are the Top 10 singles and albums in the US this week.
Top 10 Singles :
1. Someone Like You – Adele
2. We Found Love – Rihanna feat Calvin Harris
3. Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera
4. Sexy And I Know It – LMFAO
5. Pumped Up Kicks – Foster The People
6. Stereo Hearts – Gym Class Heroes feat Adam Levine
7. Without You – David Guetta feat Usher
8. You Make Me Feel.. – Cobra Starship feat Sabi
9. Make Me Proud – Drake and Nicki Minaj
10. Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO feat Lauren Bennett and GoonRock
Top 10 Albums :
1. 21 – Adele
2. Come To The Well – Casting Crowns
3. Clear As Day – Scotty McCreery
4. Evanescence – Evanescence
5. Duets 2 – Tony Bennett
6. Tha Carter 4 – Lil Wayne
7. Own The Night – Lady Antebellum
8. The Good, The Bad, The Sexy – Joe
9. American Capitalist – Five Finger Death Punch
10. Wildflower – Lauren Alaina